Thursday 28 March 2013

Snowing again!

Where are all the spring flowers?   The poor primroses are covered in snow again.  There are no crocuses (the French word is pierce-neige which seems most appropriate) and I don't think I'll see them this spring.  Usually I sit on the Ideal chair and spot them - they look like confetti or tiny snow flakes.  Anyway, John and I went out first thing this morning.  There were only about 10 people on the Rochebrune ridge and I probably counted most of them twice.  The snow was lovely, about 3 cms but it was snowing hard and I could have done with windscreen wipers on my goggles.   It's been snowing hard all day but it's just about stopped now.  We were planning to do the Vallee Blanche tomorrow with the staff but I don't think the weather is going to be good enough.   There is more snow to come.  What a season it's been for snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment