Monday 26 February 2018

Arctic weather

Yesterday there was cloud in the valley but the webcams showed that it was clear on top so I headed out.  I soon realised that I needed to keep high so I skied over to Cote.   All of the top lift, apart from the last little bit, was out of the cloud and the snow was great.  There was no-one around and I virtually had the pistes to myself.  However, the cloud crept up higher so I came home.

Today it was -10C on our balcony.  I wore 5 layers under my ski jacket. woolly tights and  long johns.    With heated gloves and boots I felt relatively cosy.  I skied the runs which we don't usually do, Voltigeurs, Bridans, Le Schuss, Pylons.  On most of them I was the only person.   I decided to ski the Black Princess and got snarled up in a queue so thought that was a good time to come home.

Gordon went out on his bike and returned home after 10 minutes.   It was too cold.  We have had a sprinkling of snow but it's probably too cold for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment